View Single Post
Old 06-21-2013, 05:23 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Supermario is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Brand new f$cking trucks with TONS of problems

One of our field service guys got a new service truck. Older trucks used to be Ford 4x4 F550 or Sterling 5 ton trucks like my last one I had but I was heavy. Full tools and fuel I could only haul 500kg of cargo. So the company had the bright idea of go big to haul more.
The new truck is a International 4X4 Workstar. $265,000 rig The thing is an absolute Monster! He needs a ladder to reach the top drawers in the service box!
Nothing but trouble since day one. It was delivered 3 months late due to " electrical problems". Same thing others are suffering.... regen issues. About every 3 days it needs a manual regen done. The best part is, he has to bring it to the International dealer across the street! A CAT truck at a IH shop....priceless!
It drinks fuel like crazy, has absolutely no power. his top speed on the worst grade hill along the shores of Lake Superior was 45km/hr he gets passed by transports like he's standing still. All this for less emissions ??
I'm currently rebuilding a older 30 ton underground rock truck. I just dropped the fresh 3406E into it yesterday. No regen and all the other crap, nice to work on and it puts out 600HP.
It's not highway trucks that need more emission's controls....it's them poor guys working 2,000ft underground! And don't forget, all that smoke and carbon has to go somewhere ..... Up to surface and pumped into the atmosphere of course! a perfect example of " out of sight , out of mind " where's the crack down on mining equipment? Oh that's right, mining production could be affected, can't have that now can we

Mario