View Single Post
Old 03-10-2013, 12:58 PM
Journeyman

tracksntreadslou is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Sherlie /Taig /Maxnc or bench top router ???

Well heres what i ended up buying ..a pretty decent deal for $1500..No software though ..

It came with a free version of mack 3 machine control .finding a few glitches in the system ..Besides the limitations that come with the free mach it seems to be working ok.I am going to purchase a full version in the near future ..If anyout out there knows can i just upgrade on the version I have so my settings all stay the same or will I have to make a clone with a new one and swap to the new one ?

I wasnt Quite turn key but having to set everything up has been good on account of the benifit of learning how things work..I installed the Home/limit switches and after about 20 hours of learning and set up I am at the point now that I can Load Gcode and cut air ..lol..all in the confines of table limmitations

My steppers and DROs are calibrated and rotory table has the 360 degee programed as well..Back lash was very minimum and and calibrated ..It is now time to start start learning CAD/CAM..I found a complete set of used Bobcad v21 pro with bobart ,tutural cds and drivers for a great deal ..Any of you Cnc pros out there familiar with Bobcad
After the dust settles I will be into this for about $2000 with all software included Pics to follow