View Single Post
Old 01-26-2011, 01:25 PM
Fabrication and design , super moderator

ihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: my tools

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanisle View Post
Ummm, that's just a little bigger than your Taig mill. Hopefully you can make the adjustment to using it. I wish I had your room for machinery.

Is this the machine that is going to turn out all of your new wheels? If so, will you turn the OD of the wheel blank on the lathe and then finish it off in the mill? Looks like fun.

Rich , I out grew that tiag the minute i set it up I should have stuck with my gut instinct well I had to unload some stuff to get this size . but it is worth it the only part of the wheel process being done on here is holes and taping I'm now looking to get a cnc tool room lathe next that will take the bar size I use . I got a 150 wheels @ the drill press right now and only finished drilling the hubs . At the amount I'm doing it's getting old doing it by hand . once the mill is going , I'll be making stuff I've been trying to get to for a while .

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc1cat View Post
Nice purchase! Looks right at home with your lathe. Old and heavy rather than new and light weight!! If you can afford a Kurt angle-loc vise, get it! They are the best you can get! Hopefully, the mill uses R-8 tooling. Lots of things out there for it if so. You make me green also as I have no room for anything that big

Lynn

Sherline CNC is still waiting for new parts Budget ran out of funding at the moment.
that stinks with the sherline ,Lynn I know what you mean with budget this 1 is slightly over budget but It just finished a job before I picked it up . It takes a # 40 tool holder . the space comes from being in the excavating bizz ,need a big shop to work on stuff although I never got mine built and prob. wont need to either . just listed another piece this morn.. hate to see it go but not doing any good sittin here .

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.