Thread: Water Tanker
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2014, 02:32 PM

Backlash is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Water Tanker

After several attempts, I finally got Photobucket to play nice..

As she stands at the moment..

The chassis has been lengthened approx. 40mm at the rear and painted.. I added the rear bumper off my Globeliner and it seems to suit this build well.. The "tank" is a piece of 150mm (6 inch) PVC storm water pipe that was cut and shut 50mm, and then heated with a heat gun and bent to get a more suitable shape.. I'm just waiting on some 2mm styrene to turn up so I can cap each end of the tank, and make some finishing touches to the top and bottom of the tank..

There is a 5000mAh Reedy LiPo tucked between the chassis rails, which should give good runtime with the fitted 65 turn motor.. I hope that there is enough room left between the cab and battery to fit the pump, otherwise the pump will have to go in the cab..

I also wired some LEDs in the rear bumper to give a more realistic look when its running.. I plan to fill the back side of the bumper in with some black silicone sealant (caulk) to help protect the wiring before fitting the covers over the LEDs..

I also need to make a fuel tank, as well as a battery box and tool box for the other side..

I still have a bit of sanding and filling to do on the cab before it gets painted, but it is getting close now..

Cheers