View Single Post
Old 12-08-2013, 11:21 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

RCP57 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Kenworth 850 Off Highway

Quote:
Originally Posted by DADSGARAGE View Post
Awesome job on the 850 !!! You need to add some pics of the truck with a pop can on the deck and tell us again the over all dimensions of this truck....most people don't realize and or appreciate the actual size of a 1/10 scale model....I thought 1/12 was fairly big but 1/10 is just WOW !!!

(there is something to said about building smaller scale models in that it is sometimes if not most times much harder to build tiny little parts compared to larger scale parts....but you just can't beat larger scale models...again great job on the truck !!! I will most likely be picking your brain for help..LOL..)
I think the truck is 42" long including the compensator hitch, bunks are 18" wide, add the low bed and the length is up to 87" I think. Truck is 36lbs, logging trailer is 11lbs... It's large...

I agree about the smaller models. My biggest challenge so far has been trying to deal with using thinner and weaker metals. I really don't like using bolts to hold together things that would be welded on a 1:1 but welding really thin metal doesn't come easy for me. The other thing is strength...I'm used to building things heavy and not worrying just like you do but the smaller stuff you have to be careful! My hats off to the guys that can find a way to jam all the goodies into a 1/14 model though!

Anything you need, just let me know. If I can help I will be glad to!