View Single Post
Old 09-16-2017, 09:15 AM

ad2tude is on a distinguished road
Default Newbie totally lost

First off, let me apologize for my ignorance. I purchased a Grand Hauler as my first Semi truck kit. I have built several 4x4 kits before, but this truck is a bit overwhelming with all the radio options, sound,light and etc options. I have been researching for the past several weeks trying to determine my best options for my purchases and am getting no where fast. All my local hobby shops are no help as no one seems to be involved with these trucks in my area.
I have purchased a Spektrum Dx7 radio and receiver(which I have no idea how to set up or operate) two Spektrum servos and am looking into sound and lights now. I have interest in the Servonaut and Beier systems, but have several questions in regards. From what I have gathered, Servonaut is very expensive... worth it? If I am correct, I'm looking at close to six hundred for lights and sound? Beier if I am correct, is half the price for the same situation? From what I have been reading, including from here, I should stay away from Tamiya's systems? If I go with one of the two for-mentioned, where are you folks purchasing you leds from? Again, I apologize for my knowledge, but I have run out of options for answers. ANY help or advice on my build is greatly appreciated. Thank you for taking the time to read this.
Tim

Last edited by ad2tude; 09-16-2017 at 09:23 AM. Reason: adding