View Single Post
Old 10-05-2010, 04:24 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

9W Monighan will become famous soon enough9W Monighan will become famous soon enough
Default Re: 1/16 Bucyrus-Monighan Walking Dragline

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc1cat View Post
WOW!! Your work is always top notch. Silver soldering is an art in itself. Not sure a resistance iron will work with the brass frame being so much thicker than the cross bracing. Torch is going to be just as challenging due to the size difference. Some sort of heat sinks or the heat blocking putty may be your best bet.
Took me awhile to get the hang of soldering on my Studebaker. The grill alone took over a hour to solder together and I made a jig first. Glad I only have to do about 8 or 9 more solder joints and it will be back to machining again.
Would really like to see your work in person. Course I would probably just stare and drool over it. I do a lot of that at the NAMES show each year.
Those old guys really would frown on the drooling. Might rust a head bolt.
Why don't you come to York in January with some of us other guys and bring the Studebaker. Work in progress are always welcome. I want to look that truck over.

I have resistance power supply's up to 2500W I picked them up when they were cheap enough. I hope to find a use for them just need the proper jaws maybe.