View Single Post
Old 05-18-2014, 08:57 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Cooper is on a distinguished road
Default Re: First build ,cat D11

Yes Neil, if I have time this week I'm going to hook up the tiller and drive down to our Riverlot. With permission of landlord, he is just as entertained with the rc toys as we are. Then most of the finger roots in that area will be of no harm. As far as home pond project I started tearing down the cat. Figured it is a good time to paint cylinders. Inspect insides of tubes ect. And I also have to put some divots in the final drive shafts as the two set screws have started to rotate. This thing has a lot of power, I have two set screws on the larger sprockets, one with a flat spot milled on the shaft and they are shearing on the 1/2" shaft. I think I made those shafts out of stainless, I'm going to make new ones from some higher carbon steel. Looking back I guess I should have run her more before final paint but I'm still a big kid and can't wait!!! . And have to use a little filler on the blade where the new cutting edge was attached. Hopefully I can get this done soon!!