View Single Post
Old 12-19-2014, 07:49 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Cooper is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Great Dane excavating co.

Let's see how the clearances on the orings work and then I may be able to possibly make a set for you wood hog. I have to make one of the pistons a bit longer on the bucket cylinder. It hits the braces when bucket curled all the way. Longer piston will limit how much the bucket can curl. Would be simplest mod verses making new cylinder.

This is the face of frustration!!!!!!!

The following pics will show why,,

Had this crazy idea of making a hydraulic tank and hiding it in the front compartment. Good idea but I still am not all there with brazing/ soldering thin stuff!!! A few mishaps, cussing, melting, bending,,,,ect!!!

Pressure tested, had two leaks that were fixed. Tested with about 20psi, blew it up once and realized it's just a tank and didn't need to be pressure filled. At least not enough to split the seams,

Always wanted to have some sight glass or sight tube so I could know at a glance how much fluid. And the suction and return lines were made to hopefully enable running on incline and allowing air to bubble to top before suction. Also vent has a small cavity towards top so when machine is less than level fluid should stay and air escape. Yes hopefully I will be incline surfing and placing the ex in some rather unfavorable positions, working or loading.

And had some time to get a better idea of engine compartment /crow, hood whatever it's called. It looks a bit too tall, some more tinkering,,,,