View Single Post
Old 03-03-2011, 11:42 AM
Green Horn

CrimsonCorsair is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Frame Stretching

Freddy and I have already hashed this out I purchased the frame rails from Freddy pre-cut to a lenght close to what I want. I will use the short ends of the rails to practice on - and then I will drill and tap the long rails when I am ready.

Does anyone want to recommend a particular brand of taps that work well with this aluminum? Or are they all about the same?

Looking forward to actually DOING something. I have spent money on rails, a CAT engine, the customization of the CAT to allow the electric motor to be embedded in it, possibly a 55 turn motor (still looking for that) and I still do not have the actual kit. I hope to pick up the kit in the next month or so, depending on how things go at work.

Thanks for everyones advice and help so far. And I am sure I will need more in the future...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.