View Single Post
Old 01-26-2018, 09:59 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

skeeter is on a distinguished road
Default Re: How did you find your way to RCT&C

I got my first RC as a child, it was the Radio shack yellow monster truck. next was an airboat. They truck broe when it hit a small puddle. After that, I took a break from Rc stuff for a few years, then at 23, my uncle had a nitro TRaxxas. It looked & sounded cool. My brother got one, then talked me into getting one. Had it for a couple years before I took another break from RC things. I always wanted to get back into them, but they were costly. At 33 I found a guy on Craigslist that had several nitro & NiMH Rc cars/trucks fir sale at a great price. I bough the lot of them, ALL 12. Traxxas, Team Associated, Axial, & a couple of off brand stuff was in this lot. I started to R&R the junky stuff in that lot.

One day at the LHS trying to buy a nitro motor for the Tmaxx, a feller was there & saw me buying it. He asked if I wanted some more nitro motors. I inquired how much. He said FREE! I followed him home an hour away. There he showed me his nitro to brushless Tmaxx conversion he made. I picked his brain & learned a LOT of tips & tricks. I took the remaining lot of nitro stuff & got the misc broken parts/pieces repaired to sell them. after selling them, I bought an Emaxx.

Jump ahead a couple more years, & I had stumbled upon some rc semi trucks on the interwebs. I wanted them & started researching them. They at that time were out of reach financial wise. I kept adding other misc LiPo powered stuff to my collection that was acquired for great deals on Craigslist &/or Evilbay. I FINALLY found a great deal on a used Kinghauler & got it. Shortly after getting it, & wondering what others has transformed theirs into, I stumbled upon this place while searching the interwebs.

That's my long story of how I found this AWESOME place. I've been involved with other groups/clubs.forums for Rc stuff. I didn't stay there long. Folks there were NOT too keen on sharing the tips/tricks they had learned & used to build their things. Here folks show great pics & descriptions of what they have done to build the things that they created. I believe that I've learned more from this forum than I have from anywhere else! A great big THANK-YOU to all who've offered advise/tips when I have encountered whilst building my contraptions.