View Single Post
Old 06-30-2014, 04:44 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Cooper is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Great Dane excavating co.

Lol, thought somebody would get a kick out of that . This forum is and has been a wealth of good information!! Ya know I've been "tinkering/improving" things all my life and yet have had a chance to purchase anything that I deem as perfect . Not complaining as I have purchased many things good and things cheep. Like some tools, cheep tools for the shop but good lasting quality expensive for the home (or my no one else touch) toolbox. And if I'm ignorant or not sure how much use something will get then then I usually get the less expensive to get by stuff. As far as the 4200, I think it's a pretty good platform, mind the price. Sure I wish I would have got my top pick of a funmotec ex, but twice the price too. And from what I've been gathering bits and pieces of all of these priceless "toys " need some personalization. Not complaining about anything as I'm rather grateful that I have the ability to be able to sit in my umbrella covered lawn chair with arm rest holder containing a ice cold beer while running some heavy equipment to do the yard work. Just need to time the pee break with battery swapping. Lol!!!!
Yes, Lou, come winter I plan on some more personalizing, new cylinders, metal hoses, shrinking cab to be more 1:14 scale, bucket, track motors, engine hood, decals,,,, ya know stuff to make the customers feel as though I know what I'm doing with their money

This is what I've been working on, it's the waterfall box from fish pond fill in project. It's rather fulfilling doing the work with these toys. At first I was thinking, boy this is going to take a long time to do. But now I've found it rather relaxing after work to come home and "work" some more. And now I look at it as boy I hope I don't get it done too quick!!!