View Single Post
Old 02-09-2012, 05:20 PM
Out of control

fhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud of
Default Re: Idea for something to do at truck shows. Truck Pulling

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhhhstix View Post
I was wandering if anybody would be interested in building pulling trucks to have truck pulls at the shows. Here is what I am thinking.

: Stock Tamiya truck axles, trans, suspension

: Tires of tires and rims but must be same size as stock, ex. RC4WD roadys or the fulda cross-force.

: Motors no bigger than 540 size can. Brushed or brush-less

: Gear reduction is builders choice

: Frame rails no longer than the longest stock rails in a kit which I think are either the Knight hauler or Aeromax. Frame rails can be aftermarket just have to meet the length limits.

: The sled and hitch will be provided and all competitors will use the same hitch.

All ideas and comments are welcome.

Travis
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadranger View Post
This sounds interesting...
But a couple of questions;

How would you get consistent weight for traction on every participants truck?
A box holding a predetermined weight that hooks into the truck's 5th wheel?

And what about a consistent height pulling hitch for every participant?
Something that clips onto the rear of the frame, or rear Xmember?

Not everyone showing up at a show will have their truck set up for pulling...
Having a truck weight box and pulling hitch assembly along with the sled will allow anyone to participate.

Just my thoughts.
Thanks for the input and you are right Jim and that is what we have been considering building a hitch that is also a weight box and all 0f the trucks will pull from their fifth wheel. Basically a weight box and hitch all in one with a padded u shaped bracket to keep the hitch square with the frame and the padding so guys with deck plates wont have them marked up and all can play.

Travis

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11