View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013, 12:12 PM
Apprentice

D8R is on a distinguished road
Default Re: my first semi build (dump)

I think there's a lot of very fine, detailed models of trucks around , like this one. The proud builder (should be) go around shows driving their trucks (and this is seen all over world on shows) running at speed and changes of directions not prototypical at all.
I've not been into buildning trucks (1:14) and don´t know if it´s the speed controllers that are that bad? Any idea from you guys working with those?
I know from my time modeling trains and when DCC (computer controls) decoders was introduced that they could be programmed to not make "jump starts" possible. You could programe the effect of mass into acceleration and braking (this was funny when engineer was not use to it). Some of my friends had problems with that but it was a much more prototypical way of running trains.
From videos it seems like the soundcontrols are good, the sound replicates to orgin, if it´s like trains, I don´t know. Is Cummins, Detroit, Caterpillar, Scania, Volvo ........ sound available?
On trains you can have a Farbank Morse, GE, EMD even read that 3 engine gensets was available now.
Dan