Big Dawg On The Bone

Cooper is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Great Dane excavating co.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Giants View Post
What bore diameters?

Why not double O rings on pistons?
Lift cylinders are .805” calculations are @ 300psi 153# pushing and 130# pull

@ 250 psi it’s 127# and 108#. Now that is the theoretical force from cylinders not the actual force at tip of bucket teeth. Shooting for it to be able to lift whatever heavy object that fits in bucket. 👍🏼👍🏼

I just decided to use one o-ring on pistons because I don’t see the need for 2. I haven’t had many hydraulic problems on past built cylinders. I do have two seals in the rod/cylinder head. One more so a dust seal. Tollarances are +.001” larger diameter for rod to pass through. And these cylinders don’t really have the dynamic side loads to keep rod and cylinder in line. And on the steering and lift cylinders the single O-ring gives me that little bit more travel. I’m trying to have lift arms go a bit higher than the 1:1 machines to have dumped bucket clear sideboards on the haul truck. They will but have the room so just some insurance I guess 😜. And like I said I’m using seamless tube that will be honed and polished internally. The rod is ground tight tolerance stock.