Thread: RCP Compound
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2015, 09:20 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

RCP57 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: RCP Compound

Quote:
Originally Posted by up9018 View Post
I watch you videos on Youtube, some great stuff you have going on there.

Chris
Thanks Chris!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigford View Post
buffet, now i'm hungry thanks reg
I'm always hungry. I guess that's why I don't look like I'm training for a marathon...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermario View Post
how did I know when you said "Counting on rain Monday " was going to turn into 300 feet of garden hose and let's get this done now!
The compound is looking great Reg, keep those creative juices flowing.

BTW, you could use the mining rule of thumb .......the road berms must be atleast 1/3rd the height of the largest wheel running on the road.
And that would be a great RC project.
Haha, well I really did plan on letting the rain fill it up but after I thought about it some more I decided against that. I started thinking it would take days of rain and I kinda wanted to babysit it as it filled making sure it was folded as neatly as possible in the corners. Doing this in the rain would take forever and get me soaked in the process. I hadn't put away our garden pump for winter yet so I thought I would give it a shot. Considering it was pushing water slightly uphill through 300' of hose it went pretty quickly. I took pictures every 15 min or so of the progress. Not really the most exciting so I only uploaded the start and finish pics. I bought some plastic moisture barrier yesterday and plan to use it in the "creek" leading to the "lake". I figure "Black Creek" and "Brown Lake".lol These names are subject to change...

I plan to do exactly as you suggest Mario for the berms. Along the waters edge I will be adding wooden strips so that I can keep the edge crisp allowing me to get right next to the water with the equipment. The rest will have a dirt or rock berm to prevent rolling down the bank and into the drink. Sounds good in theory doesn't it?