Thread: ServoNaut M220
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2011, 06:07 AM
Wannabe

Brel is on a distinguished road
Default Re: ServoNaut M220

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Giants View Post
I like how you lengthen the tracks, how much longer are they over stock? I bet it's much better balanced & improved traction too? Got a build thread somewhere showing your changes in detail?
I hate to disappoint you Lil Giants, but I did not build the tracked loader, so there is no build thread from me.

I bought it ready built from a guy called Jo Smith in the UK via the http://www.rc-trucking.com/ forum, he sold it to me with an esc to control the pump via the fifth channel and a small German dual esc to run the tracks, that I burnt out in five minutes.

As far as I know the machine is a Stahl model with the bucket from their wheeled loader, the pump and Hydraulics are Leimbach. other than that I do not know any more about it

over the last few months I have been experimenting with several dual esc's and eventually settled on a Novak M2 Dig Dual Brushed ESC and this last week the pump esc with the Servonaut BMA pump controller, which I have now set to turn the pump off in 1.5 seconds after the sticks have been centred, I even tried a Tamiya DMD unit to try and drive the tracks but it was too big also tried a sabre tooth dual esc but the steering in reverse was reversed so went with the Novak

as far as I know the tracks are the stock length and I have had to do a temporary repair to one of the because a couple of E clips have come out and I am waiting for new ones ( put some m3 bolts in as a temporary measure).

here is a picture in as bought condition

Jens, Thanks for the translation on the Scal4x4 forum

Last edited by Brel; 10-20-2011 at 06:23 AM.