View Single Post
Old 07-21-2011, 07:26 PM

el barto is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Mercedes Benz Actros 5 axle end dump truck

hi everybody

it's time for another update...

finally i managed the whole steering, lift axle problem....

the 2 first axles share one servo, the proportions of the steer angle fit quite ok...

the 3rd axle, the lift axle has a separate steering servo. there, the servo way will be adjusted with my new radion, a brixlcontrol

the axle will be lifted with a micro servo with 1.8 kg of torque. it's not a direct lifting mechanism, i made some deflection pulleys. the during of lifting and lowering is about 6-8 seconds. if the axle is lifted, this one is not steering anymore.

here's a pic of the pulleys. the shabby string will be replaced through a stronger one

then i did some more scratch building. the air filter, based on the original as well took me 6 hours of work and contains poly, wood and brass....
well, of course, there will be quite a lot of sanding, but i'm quite happy having some sort of result, finally

here's the original, mine is much to small, did some missmeasurements, but it's got one at least :-)

sascha aka el barto

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

don't forget to vote for the build of the month, the guys appreciate the respect on their works

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.