Thread: 990 cat loader
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2012, 04:55 PM
Fabrication and design , super moderator

ihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: 990 cat loader

thanks guys I just checked the specs on my motor 2HP at 24v @94.5 in/lbs of torque with out the planetary gear box which brings it to 550 in/lbs of torque . It draws 2.6 amp no load , 68 amp nominal , and 190 amp stall . But I'm only running 12v on it . Soo , now how to figure the esc just get the 1 rated for the motor specs @24v to be safe ? Or could I get away with a lower rating / 12v is all I'll ever need in power on this thing It can fill the bucket going straight into a pile of pea coal like nothing on 12v. Pea coal is about the size of scale R8 and up rock which is more then expected for this machine to handle . I was told I'd be fine with a 1/10 cc sidewinder sv2 but I just want to make sure . I'm still green when it comes too electric motors . I might do my cab in brass as I got some of that laying around .
I'm gettin antsy , I'll actually have a piece of equipment running via RC

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.