View Single Post
Old 12-14-2017, 10:58 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

RCP57 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Forums V FaceBook

I used to come on here many times per day to see what was new. Now I might look at it every couple of days or once a week. I don't post build progress pictures here anymore because it's a pain in the a$$ and I know many feel the same. I've been paying to have a photobucket account for the last few years just to keep pictures here on this site but now my account is going to close like others already have. I'm not going to take the time to start up an account at another hosting site, upload, then repost all of my pictures only to find out in a year that they pull the same $hit as photobucket when this is the only place that doesn't host photos. I happily pay a small fee as do all of the other vendors on here to help support running the place. I would happily pay a bit more or even pay a membership fee to upgrade this site but I think it is already too late. I hate Facebook but they make photo sharing and viewing a breeze. Uploading photo's to the Heavy Equipment Forum is also very easy and they host them for free. You can even embed videos on there. I understand that the membership of these other sites are much greater and that they run adds to help pay for that. Is that not possible in this situation? Clearly we have way less members than the Heavy Equipment Forum but that also means that a lot less photos and videos would have to be hosted. Would this not also reduce the cost of it? I don't know anything about running a website but I do know that this place is on the ropes because of the photo deal and it makes me sad.