View Single Post
Old 12-24-2015, 05:49 AM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation
Default Re: LilGiantsConstrCo

Yep!!! When I changed pumps, the 1st thing I checked was pressure & the higher flow bumped the pressure beyond the 40bar mark. I turned the prv screw back nearly a full turn to get it down to 34Bar again. I set the pressure with a full charged 4s batt & pump running at max speed so for sure it doesn't ever exceed that.

The stick cyl weeps a wee little bit, barely detectable when working the stick hard at ripping, but other than that, no leaks, no blown hoses... luving it!!!

Such high pressure, the end of the boom where the stick pivots, it's wearing... I had the stick off this fall & debated whether to pull the boom off to machine the holes for brass bushes... my mill aint big enough for such a huge part & what really scares me is any sort chatter - vibration while milling the 5mm steel plates would shatter the resin encased boom!!! Then I be really SKREWED!!! cause I asked Frank beforehand if Vario had any booms in inventory, he didn't think so.

What I ended up doing was machining a new steel pivot pin, the left side bigger diameter to fit the slightly oblong hole snug; the right side is near perfect yet.

I don't think they have sold any Vario hoes for a couple yrs now, it's size & weight makes it unpopular... I asked Frank a couple yrs ago how many Varios in the world - he thought it was just over 50... I think I'm the only one in Canada, there's 6 in the USA that I know of... too bad, it's such an awesome perfectly balanced weight to power model.

Joe