View Single Post
Old 03-25-2016, 10:04 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

RCP57 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Vertical Ribbed Dump Trailer

You can get this suspension from rcbrmin as well a little cheaper. It is all metal which I like. Anodized aluminum and pretty. My main complaint with it is that you can not get the same axle spacing as Tamiya uses out of it. The airbags mount a little too far back so you have to spread things out. Not a huge deal but it also causes problems when you are trying to move the rear axle as far back as possible. I would have liked the axles to be a little further toward the rear on this but if I had made the rails to mount them back further then the tail pan of the trailer would hit before the box was up all of the way. I had to compromise there. They are very sturdy though unlike the plastic stuff and are sprung much stiffer than the Tamiya leaves.

It's looking good though hey Brandon? I will button up the front next and then figure out a way to mount the ribs underneath. I normally weld them in but since you are going to polish this everything takes a little more thought. Sometimes my brain hurts from it but it will be all over soon.