Thread: KH Beam Hauler
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2018, 08:55 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Bo Wallen is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb Re: KH Beam Hauler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zabco View Post
Thats the big problem. Even as big as 1/14 scale seems, truly scaled down items are tiny and hard to handle. I use chain for tiedowns that has links 1mm in diameter. That scales to over 1/2 inch diameter in the real world. Unless you are trying to tie down something really massive most guys are going to use 3/8" chain. Simply too small to use at scale size if you could even find it.

Looks like your turnbuckles are using 3mm screws? Close to 1 3/4 inch in real world, pretty **** stout.
Quote:
Originally Posted by frizzen View Post
Zabco, i think you figured out why so many of the action figures are built like power lifters instead of normal people.

You'd be built too if everything was secured with 1 3/4" solid rods with bigger hardware, and log chains. Even my little 'ratchet straps' are 4" wide.
"Bro, do you even lift?"

Yes, I'm kind of tired of finding right scale parts, and who knows how many different scales there is in Tamiya Trucks if you start measuring parts. So if it looks cool and does what I need I'm OK with that. And if you go to a show, More than half of the audience would not see the fake scale anyway. Only hardcore professionals would suffer. And I'. OK with that too.