View Single Post
Old 06-17-2014, 11:06 PM
Journeyman

pigeonfarmboy is on a distinguished road
Default Re: RCT&C Midwest Spring Meet

My buddy Craig got some cool shots!
https://www.flickr.com/photos/701135...7644817421707/

I want to thank those that came out to the event. Our entry fees were able to raise a decent amount of cash to go towards supporting the club and them letting us use this space at the field permanently. I paid for the dirt and lunches for the convenient location being right near my house. I had hoped for a bit bigger head count of both drivers and spectators when compared to last years St. Louis show. I'm planning to do another meet in the fall if there's enough interest. Early October would give us some time to recover from Indy and should still have nice weather.

From now on, every meet entry fee will depend on participants. Our club president Pete informed us of another option that any of you guys can register for a "Supporting Membership" on our site. It's $25 for the year and won't give you any voting rights for the club but will save you $ if you plan on coming out more than once a year. (The option isn't there on the form but you can mark down "Construction Member" or something like that so they know.)
http://www.elifield.com/membership.html

I also want everyone's feedback. (even if you didn't come) What did you like? What would you change? Should the meet only run from dawn to night on Saturday only? How much time do you need to plan for going to a meet? Was the Best Western too expensive? I wasn't able to get a group discount with this few people this time. Think she said at least 15 rooms for that.

Thanks again. Forget a meet, if anyone has an itch to move dirt, I can bring my stuff to the field anytime and play! I only have so much space in the house but I don't mind having people stay here.