Thread: Classy Shak
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2013, 10:13 PM
Weaver Of Dreams

Dreamweaver will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Classy Shak

Hey All!!!

Well things have defiantly changed for me now. As I stated earlier I'm back on the road. This time I decided that it was time to complete my separation and get the divorce rolling after 4 years. So as of now my soon to be ex and the kids have moved into their own place and I have moved my belongings into a storage shed... Unfortunately those belongings include Classy Shak and all her belongings.

So it's safe to say that NOTHING will be done on her for the foreseeable future. I am toying with the idea of having another member finish her for me. All that is really left is some small detail work, a paint job, and the electronics. I'll have to give him a call in the next little bit and see if he is willing to do it. I am just worried about shipping it to the other side of the country.. and back. Then I might have to have another member build the trailer for me.

Have not really made up my mind on any of this as of yet cause I have no idea what my future holds for me right now. For all I know I might buy a real classy shak then I'll have the room to work on her.

Anyway other things have changed as well like my F250 pissing me off on the 15th of February. I spent in the span of a month $140 on a new positive battery cable, $140 on a new E-brake peddle, of course being a 7.3L I had to replace the $70 glow plug relay cause they can't make one that lasts a whole winter, $240 on two new batteries, $279 on a new alternator. Just a word to those that may have a 99-2003 7.3L powerstroke... If the glow plug s don't work.... Don't crank it till the solenoid starts clicking it can screw things up. On mine it took out the voltage regulator in the alternator. Either that or it was to much for it to recharge two 880 CCA batteries in -5° weather...

All of this happened in two weeks. I would park the truck go out on the road for 3-4 days then have to mess with the truck when I got home. Then when you consider it's 65 mile round trip from home to the yard and fuel in SLC has been $4.20 gallon.

And the final straw was the 15th of Feb. I came home got the ex and ran her around all day so she could go sign her new lease and do some other things in preparation for moving. I finally get home sat there for 15 minutes before I realized I had to go into town and make a payment on my tire account. So I get in the truck and head to town, about a mile from the house I'm cruising about 60mph when I hear a clunk and the wheel jerks to the right, then it does it again. Well I have played this game with this truck before as well, In fact I played it in November of 2011... I replaced both front wheel hubs in November of 2011 at $399 each. and here a year later the right one has gone out again.... So I get in the ex's car go to town and shell out another $399 for another hub cause of course they come with a one year warranty... I get home and get it changed in the nice 25° weather cause it was to high to fit in the garage. After that I have had it with this truck.

Bright and early Saturday morning (16th Feb) I got in the big beast drove straight to a dealer I have passed a few days before at which I saw a Jeep I really liked. So 2 hours later they had my headache and I had a 2009 Jeep Wrangle Unlimited X 4 door with 30,000 miles and 5 yrs of manufacturer warranty on the drive train and a purchased 100,000 mile full coverage warranty on it.

I love it and best of all I don't have to fix it and instead of 12 mpg at $4 a gallon I get 19 mpg at $3.09...

Here is a picture of my new home as well.

2013 Cascadia I got into it at 28,000 miles.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mike "DREAMWEAVER" Johnson

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11

Rims and Tanks by ihbuilder / Grill and Visor by Brian in PA / Mirrors, Front and Rear Bumper, Back of Cab Lights, and Steering Arms by tc1cat / Fenders by Stylin n Profilin / Frame Rails by The Late Freddy Gear Drive