Thread: Classy Shak
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2013, 01:07 AM
Weaver Of Dreams

Dreamweaver will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Classy Shak

Howdy all..

Well He!! I can't catch a brake anywhere. Ok here's an update.

Classy Shak has found a new home sitting atop a stack of boxes in a storage shed. All her parts are neatly pack in the boxes she is sitting on. Now when will I get back to working on her... I HAVE NO IDEA...

Well in the last update I just started working for Desert Star. That lasted till the end of March. All I will say on that is some people should have their butt kicked for the way they treat others... Nuff said cause it wouldn't be nice.

Well after 25 years of working for small (under 50 trucks) companies and having no luck with them for the last 4 years I decided I would try a big one. So I looked around paid attention to larger companies that frequented Salt lake, I wouldn't let my worst enemy work for any of them out of Salt Lake, I noticed Gordon trucking Inc. (GTI, the blue smerf colored trucks) out of Washington were always here, so I talked to 10 of their drivers and not one of them had anything bad to say about the company. So I called them and applied, they actually agreed to start me at $0.40 cpm. Wow companies just don't pay for experience anymore so that was great.

They flew me up to Seattle and put me in a motel for their orientation in my own room at nice hotel. Then they put me in a 2012 Cascadia were the other 8 drivers in orientation (all of which combined had 2 years of driving experience) got old truck. So far great, they sent me straight home so that I could get my stuff in the truck and that's where the BS started. I was supposed to be home for a 34 hr reset and ended up being there for 3 days cause they had no freight out of SLC. Well needless to say I got whopping 4500 miles in April between April 5th when i picked up the truck and the 30th when I got out of the truck. The thing that really got me is when i called them to tell them I was done (this is after several calls to the Fleet manager about my miles) I was told they were giving me miles that I had gotten 4500 in three weeks so what was I complaining about....

So on the Monday morning (April 29th) I called a company in Brigham City, UT, about 30 miles from the house, and asked if they had any openings and was told ya just had one that morning. They have a brand new truck that they need someone that can go to Canada in it. So I went up and talked to the guy and left there with a job and a brand new 2013 Peterbilt 579. Not only a new truck but a whole new model for 2013. I did my pee test on the 30th and hauled my first load on the 1st. As of right now I am 1500 miles short of the 4500 miles I got all of April with Gordon and I'm heading for Seattle tomorrow. So They have miles and the owner and the Dispatcher / everything else person seem to be real good guys.

So hopefully I have found a place I can stay and make some money, and be home every weekend..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mike "DREAMWEAVER" Johnson

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11

Rims and Tanks by ihbuilder / Grill and Visor by Brian in PA / Mirrors, Front and Rear Bumper, Back of Cab Lights, and Steering Arms by tc1cat / Fenders by Stylin n Profilin / Frame Rails by The Late Freddy Gear Drive