View Single Post
Old 03-30-2017, 08:50 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

frizzen is on a distinguished road
Default Re: VW bay-window transporter

Yesterday a 20amp reversable esc with brake option showed up. (i like overkill better than magic smoke.) It's made of chineseieum, so no documentation at all and not labeled on the wires. I learned that a male JST connector would be battery, therefore female got chop off and changed to male deans. Moved fem jst to motor for easy mx later. Then it all dropped into place.

http://www.mitsumi.co.jp/latest/Cata...lseries_e.html my motor looks to be up to the task, and i've got spares even if i were pushing it.

It's got a brake switch mounted on the board, but i forgot to play with it to see if mine has a dragbrake, or a double-pump to reverse, or a race switch. -- edit Double Pump Brake --

All the components tuck away nicely into the engine bay, i did notch the package tray near the spare tire to route my battery wires up. I punched a hole through the floorpan for rx switch. I didn't even have to lose the upright engine plate, so that's going to need more detail when you pop the hood.

I really get why these are so frequently converted by the germans over on modellbau! It's a very slick and minimal pain build for what I think is a great looking model.

She's a runner. Now i can start planning crazy things like dual carbs, pretty interior, improved tires, roof load...

What do you guys think?

Last edited by frizzen; 01-20-2018 at 04:24 AM.