View Single Post
Old 01-06-2017, 08:41 AM
Green Horn

Tommy R is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 6 Channel Pistol Grip Radio

Hey folks,

I have a question and I haven't found the answer online yet so hopefully you all can help? I'm running a 4 channel pistol grip Sanwa radio. I love it and am heavily invested in it so it's not feasible to change to a different brand. I'm also committed to driving with a wheel, as opposed to a stick. I plan on getting an MFC unit for my semi and am aware that I will lose out on some of the remote features of the unit since I'm only running a 4 channel pistol grip. But is there a way around losing those features?

Are there other alternatives to get the full features of the MFC in my situation? For example, I would LOVE to see a small add-on tx/rx with some basic switches to control lights, starting/stopping the engine, etc. But I don't know that something like that exists.

I really hope to use my Sanwa tx/rx, but if that isn't feasible I will follow blitzk's lead and run the FlySky setup.

Also, I've been researching the MFC unit and didn't realize it included an ESC. That helps make the lofty price a bit more manageable! But is the ESC worth a darn? I will be converting my truck to all wheel drive for some mild crawling where low speed control is key. I plan to add some gear reduction (how is TBD at the moment), but I'm hoping the ESC is decent enough!

Thanks for any and all feedback!
Tommy