Thread: Classy Shak
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2011, 08:00 PM
Weaver Of Dreams

Dreamweaver will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Classy Shak

I am working on the front half (cab section of the running boards now. Pictures to come this weekend I promise.

I have been rethinking some things, and I am thinking of changing some things because of funds.

I was going to buy four steps from Brian, but cash is tight so as mentioned before I have changed the design which after looking at it I think I like it better this way. Everyone has either steps like Brian's or the stock steps, but I have yet to see anything like what I am doing now.

I also have decided to forgo the stainless for the light bars under the cab and sleeper, the fuel tanks made of aluminum or Stainless. One of the main reasons for this is because I can't afford $80 for a 12 x 12 sheet of stainless and risk messing it up trying something I have not done before.

I thought about just making them out of brass and then having them chromed along with all the other stuff, but then I found out that there is no one here that can chrome plastic (Side Boxes) so what the plan is now and I think it will look cool specially with the new running board and steps.

I am going to make the tanks out of styrene and paint them the purple with the Stainless tank straps. and that will make it so that everything below the cab and sleeper will be purple with the exception of the tank straps.

Like this

Also notice on the picture that I decided to keep the full length running boards.

Now here is my next thought. I was planning on getting the full function air ride suspension from Tolke. However since getting him to get me a price is like pulling teeth, I was also looking at the EBH simulated air ride. Well I have come to the conclusion that with the full running boards and the full fenders and the back bumper, the only way you would see the air ride is if I was holding the truck up. Plus PMD now wants $130 per axle for them and I don't have that kind of cash, then I WILL be using the RC controls rear ends which cost $200 as it is. So I am thinking I might just go with the stock rear suspension.. Not 100% on that yet, but if I want to get this thing done before next year I need to cut costs.

SO hold on Paul and everyone else I will get some up by the end of the weekend.

~Mike~