View Single Post
Old 08-29-2015, 10:46 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

9W Monighan will become famous soon enough9W Monighan will become famous soon enough
Default Re: 1/16 Bucyrus-Monighan Walking Dragline

Quote:
Originally Posted by modelman View Post
Steve-I guess that really did take some time to get the feel. Do you find it easier to operate the hand controls when using the foot pedals. It seems like you could concentrate more on hoisting and dragging with your feet doing the swinging. Jim Brennan told me the foot pedals have really strong springs on them. I didn't see any spring in your pictures but is this true.
Using the hand controls and your feet is sorta like jumping on one leg patting your head and rubbing your stomach then in reverse at one time Tom

The pictures don't show how the springs are. I'll have to get a picture next time I have the controls out in the open. Jim is correct, the springs are pretty strong. My feet get numb on the bottom and my knees get a good workout.
Jim called me the other day and was telling me he is starting to convert some of his 8050 Marion to radio control. He has a 6 channel transmitter but he doesn't know much about it just yet. I really need to take a day and go up to DLW with my machine and let Jim try my system out.