View Single Post
Old 03-30-2016, 04:18 PM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation
Default Re: Something new to rc

I don't know about style, but it's much quicker & easier than jack knifing.

The flax buyer is a China company, don't know how or what they'll produce... not sure what coast it's going to either to be off loaded from railcar to container. Payment is 10 days after it's emptied from railcar.

The granular fertilizer will be applied as is with my air drill. I hired an agrologist last fall to do soil sampling & make fertilizer blend & rate recommendations. It's been an El Nino winter here, much warmer than past years, but still got a fair amount snow or rain all winter, spring moisture is very good. But the summer forecast is predicting drier than normal. So I'm going to back off fertilizer rate 25% from agrologist's suggested #'s & if the moisture is looking good to great up to flag leaf, then I may top up nutrient levels with liquid fert then, applied with my Apache field sprayer.

After last yr's weather wreck with so much hail, got to proceed this yr with some caution with how much money I put into the ground, especially if it's a possibility of being a drought yr, something we haven't seen since 2006, which is very unusual for this area.

It started spitting rain an hour ago, looks like it's gonna carry on for few hrs yet, can't load flax in the rain, the seed gets wet it will stick to the metal box like glue... even after it's dried, it's stuck to the box. Then I got to use a metal paint scraper to get it out!!! not fun. ...off to the basement to do some digging in the tunnel.

Joe