Thread: Alright
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2011, 08:27 PM
Fabrication and design , super moderator

ihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Alright

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtpusher9 View Post
NEW, lathe AND mill, WOW. Congratulations Steve.
Well the VMC is a 1999 the guy bought it for a contract that fell through so It has never seen any type of metal in it the lathe is late 80's unfortunately with the trouble I had with my 1st cnc mill I refuse to get anything older then 2000 and they are up there in the price range need less to say with trying to get both I fell a little shy on available $ so I got the next best on the lathe . I can put my bar through the spindle which saves a bunch of time so save some more and maybe a HMC in the future The bugger is I got to go back in my barn cause the floor is designed for the weight unlike the heated floor in my basement garage ( can't risk f'n up that ) another bummer is , I'm pretty much chained to the east coast for another year . Suddenly a whole bunch of work came in this summer .

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.