View Single Post
Old 02-15-2016, 11:29 AM
Wannabe

up9018 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: King Hauler Rebuild, Stage 1

Truthfully I will not be using automotive paint. I lack the equipment and know-how to use that stuff; and have no intention of paying someone else to do it for me. I may just go back to the Krylon. I like the color, and the cab came out just fine. May have simply been too humid (or other factor) the day I cleared the frame causing it not to cure. I also like the Tamiya paint, some good stuff and they do have some great colors. But we will see, not going to hurry it until I am confident I can get the finish I want.

The entire frame, sans the tranny and axles are back into kit form. Paint is 95% stripped and I'm down to cleaning out the small areas. Still need to find the main drive cross member I'm looking for. Russ just came out with a new rear bumper that is exactly what I've been looking for. I'm also experimenting with coming up with a better looking set of axle housings that can be 3d printed. So far they aren't coming out too bad.

I also got distracted by a rig I saw on YouTube that really sparked my interest; and may be the way I choose to go with this truck.