View Single Post
Old 10-01-2017, 11:13 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

skeeter is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Skeeters contracting services

Today, after a short work day (Rare that they let us work on Sundays, as they DON'T want to pay the DOUBLE time ) I made a little more progress on the Bruder D5 conversion. I DON'T have anymore HiTech servos like I used for the drive motors. They're on a SLOW boat from China. So.............I mocked up the blade lift with a Traxxas mini servo. unnamed (8) by Anthony Kalnoski, on Flickr

I found an issue! I'll have to make a spacer to mount between the servo & the grill, to make clearance room. The linkage binds on it's self. I think if I add a spacer to push the servo into the grill farther, I can overcome this hurdle.
unnamed (9) by Anthony Kalnoski, on Flickr

Now I have to await the rechargeable batteries, holders, & on-off switch to arrive on the fore mentioned SLOW boat. Once I get all these goodies, I'll hopefully have this model buttoned up within a few hours! I intend to mount the On/Off switch at the rear of the operators compartment, behind the drivers LEFT hand side. I think there's a good opportunity to place it there, & have ease of access to route the wiring. Also it'll be easy to turn on & off there.

Last edited by skeeter; 10-01-2017 at 11:21 PM.