View Single Post
Old 10-04-2017, 11:21 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

skeeter is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Skeeters contracting services

That SLOW boat from China arrived today. It brought my 4 new HS85MG Mighty Micro servo's. ONLY 3 are still in the boxes, as pictures here
unnamed (16) by Anthony Kalnoski, on Flickr

The 4th one has been opened to test fit into the D5 conversion. I'm pleased with how it fits so far. Since I hacked the grill to test the theory with a Traxxas servo, I'll be 3D printing another grill to test fit it with. I think I'll start the printer now, so the part's ready when I get home from work.

Although I DON'T remember exactly where I saw pictures for the grill mounted blade servo, I know my success was limited with it. The set up kept opening the model due to the torque applied to the grill. Here's the idea I came up with to mount the blade servo, & solve this problem. That aluminum piece is bolted to the bottom of the dozer, & then I bolt the servo to it. The new part will take the torque abuse, rather then allowing the grill to work side to side eventually opening the model. The cut out in it was hand machined with my dremmel tool, the flexible extension, & a the cut-off wheel. The new grill isn't yet installed in this pic, but everything lines up properly when it's put together. That pic doesn't have any bolts in it for the servo,.......YET. It was just a quick mock up to give the idea how it would be when done.
unnamed (15) by Anthony Kalnoski, on Flickr