View Single Post
Old 11-21-2017, 01:58 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Cooper is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Great Dane excavating co.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mech_Eng View Post
Hey Cooper, awesome work! I build offshore oil rigs for a living, quite often the design basis is called "design-build", meaning we start construction way before design is complete. In my experience, it works well but we typically see up to a 30% revision rate based on the count of drawings issued......the idea is you can actually build a project quicker by designing at the same time you build. I'm doing the same in my garage now. I think I enjoy the cam more than the cad.... I ordered a fogbuster today, do you have a particular coolant you like?
I purchased the fogbuster from tormach, I use that most of the time as I’ve been finding out the liquid coolant just doesn’t have enough pressure to get chips out of pockets. And I recently found out tormach made it that way as they don’t intend the flood coolant to be a chip evacuation but more of a lube/coolant setup. The fog buster is more for evacuation of chips. I switch to flood for surfacing with any ball mills. Oh and I’ve just been using the coolant mix they offer, basically because lack of knowledge and experience with any other products. And I like the more clear flood coolant than the milky ones. Purely for visual reasons.