View Single Post
Old 11-25-2017, 02:30 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Cooper is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Great Dane excavating co.

Printed a test piece to give me an idea of range of hydraulic cylinder travel. And this piece is going to be 3 different setups , top, bottom and slots on sides. At least this time I am designing with capiablities of macheing in mind and also with the cutters I have.

One hour to print that part, had to slice it in half due to printer size , then just glued together. Having the printer is nice because I can make a physical part that I can wrap my brain around to see just how it is going to fit/work. And basically penny’s worth of material. Verses making it in machine and realizing a change is needed having to make a new one. I’m still fighting with my old habits of keeping everything in my head verses using the computer and knowing it will work 99.9% of the time. . Ya can take me out of the sunlight but my neck is still red!! Lol!!! I wouldn’t know what to do if everything fit correct the first time .