Thread: Clubhouse?
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2012, 08:01 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Supermario is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Clubhouse?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigeonfarmboy View Post
Good ideas being generated. I still would like to hear from more local guys that haven't chimed in as to what they would want/expect out of this "dreamland".

Outdoors for equipment? All those guys get to only use the facility for part of the year even though they still have to to pay year-round fees? Being a guy that could care less about the trucks, I can't agree with this idea. I'm all for running roads indoors for guys with show trucks. The summer/winter months are just too unbearable for me to be outdoors around here.
Sorry Nate, what I was trying to say was, for the guys concerned about outgrowing the indoor space and needing lots of room. an outdoor space available in combination with indoor would help reduce indoor usage for a large portion of the year. If you only have a indoor space / high traffic issue 3-4 months of the year, that's pretty good .
Don't forget what winters are like around the Great Lakes and mid west... We could have plans to go truckin at the clubhouse but Mother Nature can say otherwise , we all know how quick snow storms can hit.
Just another point how location is so important. You can't rely on us 6-7 hrs away guys in the winter. I hate to say it but, the area that supports the most members wins and probably nowhere near my neck of the woods.

By the way, Plowjockey lives in Fort Wayne!

Ps. I own a shelf queen but have no problem running on gravel or dirt. I do it everytime I run in my yard. I'm sure there's lots more guys who would rather run outdoors weather permitting....

Mario

Last edited by Supermario; 10-30-2012 at 08:07 PM.