Thread: Clubhouse?
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2012, 12:51 AM
Journeyman

Radio Control Trucker is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Re: Clubhouse?

I was looking at the photos in the “Big Rigs and Construction at Country truck show” thread when my mother pointed out that the venue they were using is a school gymnasium. It has at least 5,000 sq. ft. of unobstructed space and central heating/air-conditioning.

She and I talked about the possibilities of using the local school gym. It would have ample parking, school security, ease of access, and plenty of in-door/out-door usable space for the trucks with built in bleachers for seating or shows. You would also have restrooms and water fountains available, not to mention that many of them have vending machines installed.

One bonus is the local school could develop an r/c club that could be mentored by your local club members. Simply by sponsoring the local r/c club you could possibly get free use of the facilities.

I’m aware that it wouldn’t allow for a permanent building site for roads and structures, but it would make for an easy meeting location with little cost for start-up. If your structures were made to be moved with ease and the roads were made like the puzzle road system developed be the guys “Down Under” then this would seem to be the answer for the moment.

http://www.rctruckandconstruction.co...ead.php?t=5006

Just something to think about.

- RCT

"Keep the Shiny-side Up, the Dirty-side Down & Keep 'er to the Line."