View Single Post
Old 04-05-2015, 11:33 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

TRUCKMAKER is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 6X6 Quarry Dump Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy View Post
It's coming along nicely. Even though that articulation is too much for that drive shafts I doubt you will ever see that much need for it.

Watch you triangulation when doing your lift mechanism.
Thanks Izzy, I agree, it will probably never see that much articulation, at least not on purpose. I took those pictures to show another member how extreme it could go with out the shafts pulling apart.
The dump mechanism will be interesting, it will be a slow process until I get comfortable with the set up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihbuilder View Post
Looks good so far . Great job on the walking beam , I would only suggest getting metal rod ends , I've broken the plastic 1's I 1st used on my IH9370 with the walking beam (hendrixson )
Thanks Steve glad you like it. Ouch I figured these Traxxas rods and ends would cut it, guess I'll have to take it out and tear them up so I have an excuse to upgrade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finster View Post
Awesome job so far. I'm not up on all the various available parts so I apologize in advance for asking, but what transfer case are you using and where did you get it?
Hi Finster, thanks for the comment. The t-case is a transmission out of an Axial AX10 Scorpion crawler I parted out. I believe the part number is AX80009. The input shaft has to be modified to use it like this. If you shop eBay or some of the more popular RC Crawler sites, there are better alternatives out there, I just happened to have this collecting dust on a shelf and knew Travis used one in one of his builds so I gave it a shot.