Thread: D7E RC 1:7,5
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2013, 02:36 PM

RC_Dozer is on a distinguished road
Default D7E RC 1:7,5

Hello guy’s,
This is my very first tread ever started on a forum. I’ve been reading almost every RC earth moving build tread that I could find.
I always loved the D7E, by design and because the technology of the machine. Two years ago I came across an old CNC mill, and started machining with it. When I managed to connect it to my computer and machine the designs without manually programming them, it started to become clear I would build a RC dozer.
My background is mechanical engineering, and I was already familiar with 3D drawings. The CAM part of the building process is new for me, and I’m learning by trial and error.
After designing, building and reading for more 1,5 year, I decided to start a tread about the build of my radio controlled D7E.
The first few parts are machined and ready. I started with the undercarriage. The link assemblies are the first to be completed.
I plan to design and build at the same time. The drawings are a little further than the parts.
With this tread, I’ll show the progress as it goes. Hopefully the machine will ride next year summer.
I hope you enjoy reading my posts, feel free to ask any question.

Link_***.jpg
sprocket dimensions.jpg
sprocket machined.jpg

Best regards, Bob.