View Single Post
Old 10-16-2014, 06:42 AM
Green Horn

WhiteWolf McBride is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Re: Replacement parts for Carson STN-L3 trailer...

Gah, hate those almost-hibernation sessions...

I'd like to publically thank Ric at PMD/GardenTrucking for his reply, but using his $455 & #455a suspension pieces would be costly (about $60 for 3 axles worth, then US shipping) so I'm leaving that as a last resort. I'm trying to do this as economically as possible.

But his e-mail did prod my aging grey matter into another train of thought (along with TamiyaUSA's new front-page w/ slide-show of new kits) and made me think of Karen at the AAF. She's often managed to get parts for me where no-one else could, so I've sent her an e-mail, and see if she can complete the task of securing a replacement sprue for my trailer.

I've still gone ahead with the perforated metal parts (hands are blistered from hand-cutting the pieces with wire-cutters) and I'm thinking of buying rod & 2mm die, bending & threading it myself, as I think I'll be using the die again later (already have M3 and up, just nada smaller)

I'll post some pics of the 'attempt' so you can all marvel at my ingenuity (or laugh at my ridiculous attempt) and mebbe it'll give you DIY ideas as well...

WhiteWolf

PS: will also give me an excuse to visit a place west end of town that may stock small hardware, as my usual place closed shop, and MicroFastener.com is a bit costly for small lots, and their stock is limited.