Thread: My "office"
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2010, 11:18 AM
Green Horn

Rogue is on a distinguished road
Default Re: My "office"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtpusher9 View Post
Welcome Rick, and nice office. I thought about working in the mines around here but thought it would be the same-ol same-ol, day in day out. No offense.
I hear ya, and no offense taken. Some can't handle the monotony of this job. But they pay me dam good money to do it, along with insurance, benefits, 401, quarterly bonuses, etc.

And in todays job market and economy (or LACK of one), the same ol, same ol is pretty easy to get used to.

I was with my last Co. for 10 years when we went through a ownership change. We got the typical story "Relax, you have nothing to worry about. Everything will be business as usual". 3 months later I was handed my severance check ! A bunch of us found out quick the meaning of the phrase "Just because you're important, doesn't mean you're necessary". That was 2 years ago. I struggled for 14 months trying to find work in an area that was home for 44 years (Portland,OR), before i landed this job out here. A stark contrast to what i'm used to, but when it comes to putting fuel in my truck and my own belly, you've gotta do what you've gotta do.

But for me the biggest satisfaction of this job is knowing that alot of people are jealous of it, and wished they could be doing it too.

My other truck is a Komatsu
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.