RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment > Construction Equipment Tech

Construction Equipment Tech Hydraulics, Electronics, General Engineering, ect in constr equip

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-02-2014, 10:45 PM

dsdmax is on a distinguished road
Default motor and electronics for a track loader

Its been a long time since i built R/C cars - those were all kits. Im going to attempt to build a 973 track loader. You guys have set the bar really high - the models i see here are extremely impressive.

Im trying to get my head around the electronics?
- I need two motors - thinking 14.4V dewalt motors - Is there a better alternative?
- speed controller (ESC - do i need one or two? i like the servonaut sound module as well, is that an option based on my motor choice? From what i gather the ESC has to be able to handle the current draw from the motors?
- battery elimination circuit - this will enable me to power the radio receiver with the same battery used for the motors? - can the same battery also power the motor for the hydraulic pump? will i need three ESCs?
- batteries - there seem to be lots of options now. i guess i would like to keep it simple here. something rechargeable. is a run time of 15-20 minutes realistic?
- is there something else i am missing?

I want to get this part worked out first so i can see how much room i will need inside the model. Hopefully i can get some help picking out components and get a bench test up and running. Any help will be appreciated. If there are any books or good sources of detail oriented information that would be appreciated too.

thanks - Fred