RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's General Discussion. > General Discussion

General Discussion A place to post off topic discussions.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-29-2011, 06:19 PM

edwalsh18 is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb WANTED - information on cable excavator - Menck M 90

i saw this backhoe online, i guess it is a menck m 90. i am planning to build a 1/16th scale excavator and if i cant build the Hitachi 3600-6 for whatever reason... like maybe waiting for the hydraulic system if screwdrives fail to deliver results. this looks like a great "plan B" would like some more info. i have seen some builds on here that are incredible and use some of the same type of systems so maybe the builders of these incredible machines may be able to help me understand how this machine operates. to me it looks like the bucket is not fixed to the stick like other cable excavators. i would like to know how it works, any info would be appreciated! like an explanation, diagram, whatever i just want to know what cable does what, what might be needed, dimensions. you guys know what is needed for a build, throw in ANY info you might have. and keep it coming even if this thread is 10 years old, post it!
thanks!

and here is the one i am aiming at doing FIRST, want both, but we will see....