RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Tech section. > Mechanical tech

Mechanical tech This is for the mechanical parts of a model. Gear reductions, Axles, Transmissions, General drive line

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-19-2013, 06:39 PM
Out of control

fhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud of
Thumbs up Integy axles for Tamiya semi's

I took a chance and bought a set of the new axles from Integy. While installing them I found a few good and bad points on them but over all they are a decent choice for an all wheel drive truck. The gear ratio is 3.1:1 so you cant mix them with the Tamiya's at a 2.6:1 ratio. The pinions do not have keeper's on the out side to stop the pinions from being able to be pushed in. So it is very important that you get the pinion all the way in the drive cup to prevent the pinion from being pushed into the axle. You can put the Tamiya inner rear rim on the front drive axle and it gives it a track width of about 6 3/8in which is narrower than the stock front axle but it makes it hard to mount the steering arms on the axles. I used round pin drives and put stock Tamiya front rims on the axle and it is the same width as the stock axle. Now the rears are just a bit narrower than the Tamiya axles so I used a washer to space out the wheels so they would not rub on the suspension which I will show a pic of here as well. Here are the pic's

The hardware

Spacing out the wheels.

Front axle next to the stock axle and both have stock front rims.

Over all I think they are a good axle set and with a little work and patients will be just fine and are a far better choice then we have had in the past.

Travis

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11