RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment

Construction Equipment If it digs, pushes, hauls dirt "off road" post it here.

Old 04-01-2012, 02:13 PM

RCKiwi is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 1/12 John Deere 870G

wow! Monster build fella! Do you have only one bolt holding the cleats onto the tracks? No fear of them skewing around in use?
Glenn
Old 04-01-2012, 05:38 PM
Wannabe

pumptech is on a distinguished road

Nice metal work ,looking good so far ! ,look forward to seeing more of this build.
Do you have a build thread for your bruder excavator?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 04-02-2012, 09:23 AM
Green Horn

carp is on a distinguished road

Rckiwi : yes there is only 1 bolt holding the cleats this owrried me to start with also but the aluminium is soft and bites into the chain once the bolt is tight and cant be twisted.

Pumptech : i cant take credit for the metal work that was my dad, i cut the shapes out and he welded it for me when i was at work didnt make a build thread for my bruder to be honest i struggled with the screwdrives they didnt seem to have any power, we got it working i moved some sand with it then it got shelved and i started building this.
Old 04-02-2012, 12:52 PM
Wannabe

pumptech is on a distinguished road

Pumptech : i cant take credit for the metal work that was my dad, i cut the shapes out and he welded it for me when i was at work didnt make a build thread for my bruder to be honest i struggled with the screwdrives they didnt seem to have any power, we got it working i moved some sand with it then it got shelved and i started building this.[/QUOTE]

Well, you and your dad are off to a good start , looks to be thin gauge sheet metal ,seeing the heat coloration ,have to be speedy welding that.May have to beef up the boom were it meets the arm a little (pivot point) ,just a thought.
As for the Bruder ,had my troubles with mine in the beginning, finally got it where I want it,finding the right servos,made a metal bucket for it,digs sand ,loose dirt ok.