RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Kings of the Road > Highway Trucks and Trailers

Highway Trucks and Trailers On road trucks and trailers single and twin axle trucks.

Old 12-09-2010, 12:50 PM
Zimms Customs

Default Re: Scratch Build of W900L - Simulated Air Ride Suspension - Scale 53' Trailer

Got the wires tidied up a bit.

Somebody needs to sweep this things out. If that is one thing I hate, it is dirty trailers! Ha, Ha!

Looks a little different than a little while ago.

Old 12-09-2010, 12:52 PM
Zimms Customs

Default Re: Scratch Build of W900L - Simulated Air Ride Suspension - Scale 53' Trailer

I have employed a driver for my rig. He is all business right now, I am sure after the interview, he may wear some truck driver clothes. You know how it is, impress the boss and then slack off after you get the job.

Old 12-09-2010, 12:53 PM
Zimms Customs

Some pics with the trck with the trailer. I am itching to get this thing worked on, but I have been busy working on customers trailers. Not much to report, just working on the hood when I get a chance. This thing is so much fun, I am thinking of going with a 2.4ghz radio.

Old 12-09-2010, 01:09 PM
Super Moderator

tc1cat is on a distinguished road

Very impressive and intricate build. Will keep an eye on this one. Don't see many all metal (I hope) truck builds.
Old 12-09-2010, 02:02 PM
Zimms Customs

Yes, it is all aluminum. The hood will be styrene as the original hoods on these are fiberglass. I am trying to go for as much realism as I can. I have not been able to do too much on it since I have been working on customers trailers. I will post some pics of the work I have done on these trailers. Here is a gooseneck I just completed.

Old 12-09-2010, 06:19 PM
Wannabe

RCTech9 is on a distinguished road

Nice Truck!!! and trailer!!!
Old 12-09-2010, 08:32 PM
Green Horn

firefighter30 is on a distinguished road

The gooseneck trailer is really nice you do excellant work.

Member of the East Coast Mini Truckers
Old 12-09-2010, 09:30 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

SmallHaul will become famous soon enoughSmallHaul will become famous soon enough

That goose neck trailer is sharp!

"No load is too Small"
Old 12-13-2010, 09:29 PM

bucshott is on a distinguished road

wow! now thats building on a new level, all seal cab looks good, like how you stuffed the motor into the c15. the trailers are excellent. going to keep my eye on this build
Old 01-04-2011, 12:08 PM
Zimms Customs

Been tinkering around with the truck a bit and have ordered some pieces for it. I got new frame rails from Joe and they will work great. I am going to sand the body and get some fresh paint put on it, and get this thing mounted so I can start on the interior.

This is what I am thinking for the dash.

I was going to light it up with fiber optic cable.
Old 01-04-2011, 11:55 PM
Weaver Of Dreams

Dreamweaver will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimms Customs View Post

I was going to light it up with fiber optic cable.
Matt, I have a lot of experience with fiber optics. I can tell you that even the smallest stuff does not bend easily. You can bend it in a wide radius but that's it. If you heat it up you can bend it a lot better but then the light won't go through it.

For the dash application I would suggest (this is what I am going to do) going with individual LED's.

I get mine from Ngineering

Here is a picture comparing them to a 3mm LED. the ones you want to look at are called the Micro LED. However if they are not small enough then scroll down some more and look at the Nano LED's. The Nano's will fit inside Lincolns ear on a penny. They are a bit harder to wire cause of the size but they wire and work like a 3mm. They will go anywhere you want them with no worry about kinking or braking the fiber optics.

Just my advice. I speak from experience.

-Mike

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mike "DREAMWEAVER" Johnson

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11

Rims and Tanks by ihbuilder / Grill and Visor by Brian in PA / Mirrors, Front and Rear Bumper, Back of Cab Lights, and Steering Arms by tc1cat / Fenders by Stylin n Profilin / Frame Rails by The Late Freddy Gear Drive
Old 01-05-2011, 12:13 AM
Zimms Customs

Thanks for the heads up Mike. I will definitely look into that. I am finding a little bit of time to work on my stuff since paint is drying and parts are on order.
Old 01-09-2011, 02:15 PM
Apprentice

D8R is on a distinguished road

Nice build, do like that cab, one of the biggest direct from factory.
Dan
Old 01-30-2011, 10:11 AM
Zimms Customs

I will slowly be working on the cab, as time permits. I sold the trailer already, so it will be going to a new home in New Jersey. In the future, I am going to make a spread axle reefer and will post that here as well.
Old 02-01-2011, 06:15 PM
Zimms Customs

Got some more done on this trailer so it can go home. Here are some pics.

Old 02-01-2011, 06:18 PM
Zimms Customs

By the way, the Bruder will be converted to run. When I get my Knight Hauler, I will be stretching out that cab a little bit and putting it on my W900L chassis. This cab will go on the Knight chassis. I will be using this until I get my Knight done to model my trailers.
Old 02-01-2011, 07:30 PM
Green Horn

Heavy Metal is on a distinguished road

Just went through this from the top. Pretty cool evolution. So do I understand you right...you sold the trailer you were building here and are gonna be making another one?

Oh, and where did these model engines come from and what scale? I believe I saw one or two others on these boards. I REALLY like the idea of fitting the motor in the engine. Gonna have to use that one! Keep at it man...looking good.

Joe
Old 02-01-2011, 11:07 PM

Hos1880 will become famous soon enoughHos1880 will become famous soon enough

love the all metal build so far that is the ultimate in scratch building can't wait to see more.

Merritt

Last edited by Hos1880; 02-01-2011 at 11:08 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 02-01-2011, 11:53 PM
Weaver Of Dreams

Dreamweaver will become famous soon enough
Talking Re: Scratch Build of W900L - Simulated Air Ride Suspension - Scale 53' Trailer

Hey Matt is it going to be anything like this?

-Mike

Mike "DREAMWEAVER" Johnson

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11

Rims and Tanks by ihbuilder / Grill and Visor by Brian in PA / Mirrors, Front and Rear Bumper, Back of Cab Lights, and Steering Arms by tc1cat / Fenders by Stylin n Profilin / Frame Rails by The Late Freddy Gear Drive
Old 02-02-2011, 12:01 AM
Zimms Customs

No, but where in the world do you come up with these drawings? I don't want to spill my guts just yet. You and your "Sugar Shacks", LOL.