RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Odds and Ends. > Non Rc Model Trucks and Equipment

Non Rc Model Trucks and Equipment This area is for the custom builders of the "MODEL" world to show there NON RC metal and plastic creations and builds.

Old 04-08-2011, 09:54 PM

Muleskinner is on a distinguished road
Default Jammer steam powered log loader

This model was built over a few months by trial and error. It is in 1/25th scale and I had a lot of comments on the size of it at the Farm and construction show in Harrisburg Oregon I attended Last month. It is totaly scratch built and made to represent one of the units which was drug off the rails and set up to load trucks. The 1:1 had rail powered trucks under them which when in the loading configuration, they were tucked up under the frame. The model is built off a picture which showed it with the power trucks removed and sitting on a level deck loading trucks. I am now cutting out the pieces to build the big brother to this unit, a Lidgerwood tower skidder, which will be an even larger model yet as it will also be in 1/25th scale.

A couple of shots of the unfinished model showing some of the enterior details and size relation to a 1/25th scale log truck.

Old 04-08-2011, 10:16 PM
Journeyman

steamer will become famous soon enoughsteamer will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Jammer steam powered log loader

Muleskinner. Those kind of models are right up my alley. Most logging equipment is so unique to the company that made them. Your attention to details is amazing. I know first hand how hard that is to do. Keep the pictures rolling.
Rob
Old 04-08-2011, 11:08 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

9W Monighan will become famous soon enough9W Monighan will become famous soon enough

I really like that machine. I can really appreciate all the riveting. I like the way it is weathered too.
Old 04-09-2011, 12:14 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

doodlebug is on a distinguished road

Great model! I'll have to send some picture's of my steam powered winch.
Later, Neil#2 aka doodlebug.
Old 04-09-2011, 12:38 AM

Muleskinner is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9W Monighan View Post
I really like that machine. I can really appreciate all the riveting. I like the way it is weathered too.
Thats one thing I frgot to mention was the rivits. The were made out of left over plastic sprew, which was heated and stretched. I then took the plastic tread and held the end close to a flame and when the end rolled back and rounded I snipped it off. This technique make perfect rivit heads. And dosen't cost an arm and a leg.