RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Kings of the Road > Highway Trucks and Trailers

Highway Trucks and Trailers On road trucks and trailers single and twin axle trucks.

Old 08-31-2012, 07:07 AM
Apprentice

Mama Sue is on a distinguished road
Default Re: S&M Trucking open for bizz nizz !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigrigger View Post
Nice looking fleet! Your trucks put that "scale" front loader to shame! I don't think your Bling Hauler is shiny enough though... lol What's next for your fleet?
Boys really don't need any extra encouragement when decking out their toys...lol..
Old 08-31-2012, 06:40 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Supermario is on a distinguished road
Cool Re: S&M Trucking open for bizz nizz !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama Sue View Post
Boys really don't need any extra encouragement when decking out their toys...lol..
Speaking of decking.... as i said before, the deck is too black and no detail ..... i happen to purchase some checker plate from ric at the indy show, made what i wanted and had lots leftover. so........ heres what i came up with .
Please be honest, tell me what you think...

Is the large plate above the axles too much?

what kind of glue and prep would be recommended? the trailer is powdercoated?

Thanks for looking and dont be shy with any suggestions or comments.

Mario
Old 08-31-2012, 07:47 PM

CrewCab59 is on a distinguished road

The center plate looks good , I would rough up the finish to make sure it sticks better. Could use 3M double side film tape.

I hope your trailer is better than mine , I have have few problems, fit and finish isn't the best, the coating isn't sticking and the screws were coated over and the 1 drop leg don't work very well.
Old 08-31-2012, 08:07 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrewCab59 View Post
The center plate looks good , I would rough up the finish to make sure it sticks better. Could use 3M double side film tape.

I hope your trailer is better than mine , I have have few problems, fit and finish isn't the best, the coating isn't sticking and the screws were coated over and the 1 drop leg don't work very well.
That's scary dude you just described the issues I have with mine to a tee ! Even the one leg don't work wel, just one! Overall , I'm happy with the look, tires and rims, suspension and built solid. It just ain't a show stopper... Ya get what ya pay for......guess I should have bit the bullet and contacted Izzy. Then you know, your getting the best

Thanks for your input

Mario
Old 08-31-2012, 09:06 PM
Dairyland trucker's right hand man.

dabears is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermario View Post

Is the large plate above the axles too much?

what kind of glue and prep would be recommended? the trailer is powdercoated?

Thanks for looking and dont be shy with any suggestions or comments.

Mario
In this pic the rear bar of the trailer looks like it has a shiney piece of aluminum or sheet metal.. i think if you add that to it as well with the decking the way you have it it would look killer and fit behind king bling perfect I think it looks great! Dont forget to add your reflective tape
Old 08-31-2012, 09:59 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears View Post
In this pic the rear bar of the trailer looks like it has a shiney piece of aluminum or sheet metal.. i think if you add that to it as well with the decking the way you have it it would look killer and fit behind king bling perfect I think it looks great! Dont forget to add your reflective tape
Thanks Aaron, I see what your saying...looks like I'm buying more checkerplate
Ohhh yeah, dot tape on order, company logo on the goose neck and a larger logo on the middle of the deck, rear tail lights marker lights and mudflaps, etc....It's gonna be sweet. Time is of the essence, not going to start the major rebuild on Susan's truck till outdoor trucking season is over. I got till then to get this trailer done and then focus on her rig...

Last edited by Supermario; 08-31-2012 at 10:14 PM.
Old 08-31-2012, 10:44 PM
Green Horn

dmess62 is on a distinguished road

I like the diamond plate. looks good. The tread on those trailer tires look more like drive tires for the truck rather than trailer tire. If they're the same size try swapping them to your truck and the truck tires to your trailer and see what it looks like. Congats to you and mamma on S&M trucking.

Dave
Old 08-31-2012, 10:50 PM
Journeyman

plow jockey is on a distinguished road

I really like the look of the trailer. Can't wait to see it with the rest of the add on's. Great addition to the fleet.
Old 09-01-2012, 09:23 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmess62 View Post
I like the diamond plate. looks good. The tread on those trailer tires look more like drive tires for the truck rather than trailer tire. If they're the same size try swapping them to your truck and the truck tires to your trailer and see what it looks like. Congats to you and mamma on S&M trucking.
Thanks for the input . I like your idea, I'm going to try swapping tires and if it looks good I guess I'm going to have to order more tires for the third trailer axle... Ohhh well, between this 3 axle , my quad axle flat bed, and the other 2 trailers I got enough rubber to start my own tire company
Thanks again for the suggestion, have a great day !

Mario
Old 09-01-2012, 12:47 PM
Craftsman

Diesel Demond is on a distinguished road

i also like the diamond plateing. it breaks it up forsure then just all black. add some d.o.t tape and that will also help alot and real affect. favorite part is forsure the tires. nice trailer

Flat bedders do it with chains and straps,but now im yanking 53's
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 09-01-2012, 01:10 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel Demond View Post
i also like the diamond plateing. it breaks it up forsure then just all black. add some d.o.t tape and that will also help alot and real affect. favorite part is forsure the tires. nice trailer
Thanks D D

I love the tires too. I tried them on the truck , they look mean almost too mean. Makes the truck look like a bush hauler , more gravel road ready. The king of bling is not a bush truck, she's a highway hauler. Besides the tires make the trailer look tough and can handle anything.

Mario
Old 09-01-2012, 05:55 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

heres a few pics with the plates in place and a couple short videos. i ran out of plate couldnt do a strip across the back edge

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqXnO...e_gdata_player

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJ5oi...e_gdata_player
Old 09-01-2012, 07:14 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

1985 kenworth is on a distinguished road

hey mario thats the exact duplicate of mine that you pulled at clifford just mine is yellow.i haven't got around to adding lights to mine but i will...say if i send you mine will i get it back or will you paint it black and put your s&m decals on it ...all in all the trailer detail you did looks great .i like the diamond plate work .oh and about that shipment for the bbq yea,send sue with it i work better with women anyways..lol.your fleet is coming along really well ,maybe next year for clifford i will get a 53 ft trailer and come and get your fleet along with mine and roll into the show in style with zeus
Old 09-01-2012, 08:25 PM
Apprentice

Mama Sue is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1985 kenworth View Post
hey mario thats the exact duplicate of mine that you pulled at clifford just mine is yellow.i haven't got around to adding lights to mine but i will...say if i send you mine will i get it back or will you paint it black and put your s&m decals on it ...all in all the trailer detail you did looks great .i like the diamond plate work .oh and about that shipment for the bbq yea,send sue with it i work better with women anyways..lol.your fleet is coming along really well ,maybe next year for clifford i will get a 53 ft trailer and come and get your fleet along with mine and roll into the show in style with zeus
Sounds like a good plan to all the above. You could send your trailer but it has to go to the back of the line, and I would make sure it went back the same way...lol Send your cattle hauler, that would for sure end up with one of our logos on it..I want the cattle hauler and dump trailer for my truck..lol..
Old 09-01-2012, 11:20 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

no problem sue i'll get right on that
Old 09-02-2012, 04:39 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Me n Sue have been working on the company logo today. This is what we came up with so far.... Still working on finding the right font for the lettering. Otherwise, keep it simple I always say

Old 09-02-2012, 04:43 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

looks good so far yea with different lettering will make it unique to your company
Old 09-02-2012, 04:57 PM
Journeyman

Kaf343 is an unknown quantity at this point

Nice looking fleet you have there. Trailer mods are spot on, I like it.
Old 09-03-2012, 12:45 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkey View Post
Hey SuperMario! just found an even easier way of painting the lettering on your tires, and its not messy! im currently using a Pilot super fine paint pen, got them at Staples, and I have them in silver and gold! the silver looks awesome! i tried the gold, looks great but not for my cab. gold would look awesome on your metallic King, and the silver on your wifes King! so easy to put on compared to the method i was using with the Tamiya paint and brush! when you apply the pen start at the top inside the letter, just let it run very slightly, it will fill the letter! when you have painted the logo TAMIYA, run your finger gently over the letters, this will remove the paint from the edges of each letter. to tidy it up, just use a pilot black permanent fine tip over the edges. looks amazing dude!
That's awsome Sharkey , thanks for the info dude
I'll be going to staples tommorow

Mario
Old 09-03-2012, 01:18 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkey View Post
your welcome, they are about 3 bucks each! they dont sell they white paint pens. only online, but i must admit, the silver is awesome! gold will look wicked on your King for sure! oh one more tip, practice on the inside tire walls first before you do the main outside ones, that way you can practice lol, and do them in silver and the gold, then decide which colour will lokk good for your trucks! my 2 cents is on the gold for yours though!!!
Lol. Have you noticed how many tires I can practice on? Current inventory is 64 total. I like the gold idea as a contrast to all the chrome and yet is still added bling. Thanks dude

Mario